Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Officially Back

After a week of vacation, a short trip, and the Church Workers Conference I'm back at work.

Dad and I spent the better part of the week installing new doors on the house, courtesy Uncle Sam's tax rebate. Eventually it worked out, though none of the installations went quite as planned. We also spent a day or so replacing a few sheets of bad siding. All of it needed to be replaced, but Uncle Sam was not that generous this time around. I'm afraid I'll have to wait for my ship to come in to do that.

Kansas City was nice, if brief. It was good to see my extended family again. The last time I saw many of them was in 2001 when Grandma Mom died. While there, I caught a head cold and fever, but I've had worse, thanks be to God.

I worked some Monday morning and then left for Roman Nose State Park where the conference was. The main presentations were quite good; Reed Lessing from Concordia Seminary presented on Jeremiah, giving an overview of the main theme of the book and applying it to preaching and pastoral care. The weather, however, was lousy. Cold rain and driving winds eliminated hiking and taking in the scenery, which is pretty spectacular.

I met a blog buddy there--Rev. Mason Beecroft. While I previously knew many of the Lutheran bloggers on my list, Pr. Beecroft is the first blogger I met online first. It was fun getting to know him and hearing of his ministry at Grace Lutheran, Tulsa.

Thanks to all of you who have been faithfully checking in here or watching via your feed reader. I hope to be more active again in regular posting soon.

1 comments :

  1. Mason said...

    Fr. Hall,
    It was good to meet you as well. I had a great time, even if I was a little groggy, even foggy in the am... not used to the late nights.
    +Mason