Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why I Don't Talk Economics

I feel somehow responsible for posting on the economic brouhaha that transpired last week while I was muddling through with a sinus and ear infection. As they say, America's economy was about to collapse.

I was vaguely unconcerned. I have virtually no investments. Oklahoma's economy is doing quite well. Even my town's economy is not too shabby, though we could certainly use more business development.

But everything's connected. I know that. Severe trouble would have to (will?) hit here too. And I realized today that the money I do have socked away to pay taxes with was in danger last week, since money market valuations briefly fell below $1--the standard.

My thoughts:

The king was in his counting house
counting out his money,
The queen was in the parlour
eating bread and honey

The maid was in the garden
hanging out the clothes,
When down came a blackbird
and pecked off her nose!

0 comments :