Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Distractions

There's my work and all that I do, all that I left undone, all that I could do.

There are too many hobbies. There are too many projects.

Then of course, are all the chores, the mowing, the cleaning, the fixing, the painting, the folding.

Then there's my children who are growing up right in front of me and I feel that my time is spent carping and correcting and sighing and cajoling and I'm missing it.

Then there's t.v. and two hours of Heroes last night.

Then there's movies.

Then there's computers and blogs, games and sports.

There is working out.

There are also car repairs.

There are books and magazines.

And there's sleeping and eating and resting.

And our enemy scatters and distracts and shines lights upon those things we are not doing and gives us thoughts about yesterday or what could be and we are left with half-finished everything, addled minds and arthritic fingers.

Distractions from now.

1 comments :

  1. Rev. Eric J Brown said...

    Remember that those very distractions are also blessings from God. . . even heroes, I suppose (I don't watch it, and I heard it was disappointing last night). It's all a matter of how you use it -- Quod est in me. Do what is given to you - and don't be afraid to enjoy life and the blessings God gives.