Monday, June 16, 2008

Sunday Off

I completed my "vacation week" last weekend, taking off Saturday and Sunday. We had decided have a weekend away like other people do sometimes, so we hear. The family wrapped up the garage sale...ok, Marjorie wrapped up the garage sale-- while I finished packing at home...ok, Marjorie finished packing at home too. I was strangely listless. Ok, maybe not strangely.

So we went to Oklahoma City (70 miles away) and walked the mall. Marjorie said she felt like the Beverly Hillbillies. That was sad. Olivia bought a "pet" salamander. We ate, went to Sam's Club, got a hotel room, the kids swam and I sat with Jack. A nice afternoon and evening.

But church was strange. You must remember that Marjorie plays organ every Sunday while I preside, so it is very rare that we are able to sit with our kids in worship. We've had some good "foster" grandmas sit with the kids over the years and that has been good. But we don't have a lot of hands on kid-management skills ourselves, nor are they used to mom and dad sitting with them. It didn't go well.

So we came home and we're back to our usual summer schedule. I'm still praying about the whole kids in church thing.

1 comments :

  1. Rev. Eric J Brown said...

    See, you should just leave them for the weekend with the foster grandparents - says the one with no kids yet.