Monday, May 12, 2008

With What Measure Ye Mete

I've been thinking about the Golden Rule. Am I treating others on this blog the way I want to be treated? What if some unknown blogger out there started scouring my written words for inconsistencies? What if someone got a hold of my congregation's minutes and looked for ways that I allegedly deceived others?

The man inside says, "Nonsense! They would find none!" But I know that's not true. I am a great and terrible sinner. I'm sure if someone looked, they could find instances of me speaking out of both sides of my mouth, or at least giving the impression of that. Lord have mercy!

I must remember these words, "For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." (Matthew 7:2 KJV). I do not condemn Pres. Kieschnick, David Strand or any others involved in the current mess for their sins. I cannot, lest I condemn myself. I pray they repent of any and all sins they have and will commit, and I hope they pray for me too. I don't even care if they repent privately and we will never know.

But I do have the duty to speak about what is happening. Public actions need public response. I have the duty to my parishioners who read this. I have the duty to others who read; I have been called to speak the Truth, and my congregation encourages me to broadcast in whatever fashion is available to me. People who have vested interest in the LCMS need to know what is happening.

So, if you're debating beginning a series of posts decrying and denouncing the Rev. Christopher D. Hall and all I do and stand for, exposing any lies and my hidden agenda, well, I suppose I deserve it.

God have mercy on us all

... and good luck with that. Send me a link.

4 comments :

  1. Anastasia Theodoridis said...

    I've been going through your archives with a fine toothed comb, a flea comb, in fact, the finest-toothed there is, and so far, here is what I have discovered:

    6 Factual Errors

    1,041 Theological Errors

    13 Instances of Typing out of Both
    Sides of Your Keyboard

    7 Inconsistencies

    3 Fleas.


    :-)

  2. Anastasia Theodoridis said...

    (You DO know, I pray, that I was speaking in jest.)

  3. SJB said...

    You do have a great sense of humor and terrific wit, Anastasia. I've read some of your other fun comments on Weedon's and other blogs. You always tickle my funny bone! :)

    Please keep up the great commentaries, Pastor Hall. Your courage to speak up and tell the truth in these difficult times is greatly appreciated!

  4. Christopher D. Hall said...

    Your tally does not surprise me. The 1041 theological errors was disappointing, since I am not a raving Lunati, er, Lutheran :)

    Yes, I knew you were kidding ;)

    Thanks for your kind words, Susan. I appreciate that very much.