Friday, July 18, 2008

To My Bride on Her 29th Birthday (let the reader understand)

Happy Birthday! I always feel badly that you have to wait until everyone else in the house gets their cake and ice cream and presents over the last eight weeks and yours is there at the end of the birthday season. It is hard to treat it as the final birthday blow-out with all the stops pulled out when even the kids loathe eating more birthday cake.

But even as the kids end up fighting, and the cake turns out dry, and Jack whines and the kids yell at each other while emptying the dishwasher and leave their toys on the floor--remember that we love you and are trying to make your day special. Remember that its hard to do, because you are the mom and wife who makes everyday special for us. They are big shoes to fill.

We love you,

May 11, June 5, June 9, June 20, July 8

6 comments :

  1. Anastasia Theodoridis said...

    Happy 29th to her, and many happy returns of the 29th!

  2. Doorman-Priest said...

    I hope it was a nice day.

  3. Cha said...

    May God grant her many 29ths!

  4. Christopher D. Hall said...

    Thank you all...and she's already had a few 29th's, so she's getting really good at celebrating them!

  5. Marjorie Hall said...

    Yep, the 29th has returned several times and each one is better than the last. Thanks for all the well-wishes. In response to your post, my love:

    The kids fight some every day, so it would be the end of time if that wasn't present today.

    And the cake doesn't look dry...if it is, then we have an excuse to eat ice cream with it!

    And poor Jack is whining because he doesn't feel good. Oh, and because he's two.

    And the kids emptied the dishwasher. They didn't bicker with ME about doing it, so I see that as a win win!

    And toys on the floor, well, that just means I have a big family with lots of arms to love me on my special day.

    I love you all too; every day is special to me because God has blessed me with each of you.

  6. Rev. Eric J Brown said...

    Um, this past Friday was me bride's 22nd. The first one. Still, it seems as though we keep becoming more and more alike.