Sunday, March 8, 2009

Book Confessions Meme

Book Confessions

1. To mark your page you: use a bookmark, bend the page corner, leave the book open face down?
Bookmark sometimes, upside down if it won't immediately break the spine. Sometimes I don't mark it all, but just sort of remember.

2. Do you lend your books?
Sometimes.

3. You find an interesting passage: you write in your book or NO WRITING IN BOOKS!
Writing in books? Of course! That's why the margins are, er, used to be so big.

4. Dust jackets - leave it on or take it off.
Dust covers make good bookmarks too, if you take the flap and hold the page with it. But often take it off.

5. Hard cover, paperback, skip it and get the audio book?
Hard covers are nice, but so durn expensive.

6. Do you shelve your books by subject, author, or size and color of the book spines?
Subject or genre first, size and color within the first.

7. Buy it or borrow it from the library later?
I prefer to buy, but that was before I had four kids.

8. Do you put your name on your books - scribble your name in the cover, fancy bookplate, or stamp?
Write my name on the inside cover or title page, the date--and for church books the liturgical date.

9. Most of the books you own are rare and out of print books or recent publications?
See the comment about four kids above.

10. Page edges - deckled or straight?
Straight, unless it's literary fiction, and then I kind of like deckled. Shrug.

11. How many books do you read at one time?
One book at a time, two at the most.

12. Be honest, ever tear a page from a book?
What??? Not on purpose!!

3 comments :

  1. Emily H. said...

    I never would have pegged you as someone who writes in their book - but I'll forgive you anyways! :P

    Thanks for playing along!

  2. Christopher D. Hall said...

    Thanks for tagging me...sorry I forgot to link to you in the post.

    And thanks to everyone who saw this here and ran with it...I was feeling too lazy to tag anyone else

  3. Dixie said...

    I had no idea Emily's was the alpha post! I saw yours and wanted to tell my Book of Mormon with the dirty laundry story so I ran with it and Emily had already tagged me!

    It was a good meme.