Monday, February 2, 2009

My Own Hospital Visit

Jack had his adenoids removed and tubes put in his ears this morning. Before they took him to the OR I said a prayer for him. It was a strange feeling praying for him in that room, where so many times I had prayed for other people's loved ones going into surgery. I wasn't too emotional about the whole thing until then.

Everything went pretty well, and Marjorie and I were home with him by 9:30 or 10:00. We both babied him for a while, and he I took a brief nap before lunch. He rested again for a half-hour or so this afternoon, and Marjorie went to children's choir practice.

He's a pretty sweet boy and we're all thanking God for the smooth surgery. God willing, ear infections will be a thing of the past now.

4 comments :

  1. Rev. Eric J Brown said...

    Next time, don't hestitate to let me know - I can come up and take the pastoral tact and you can just be dad, if you wish.

  2. Unknown said...

    We're so glad to hear it went well!

  3. Fr. Gregory Hogg said...

    Hope he's feeling better. It is different when the person you're ministering to is someone close...

  4. Emily H. said...

    I hope the surgery is a great success - no more ear infections! Ear infections are so hard for the whole family, as I'm sure you know.
    Blessings!