Wednesday, December 17, 2008

That Time of Year

I'm stuck. Seriously stuck on some sermons. I have Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, the First Sunday after Christmas, New Year's Eve, and the Second Sunday after Christmas sermons to write, and I need them done quickly. Tomorrow morning is a possibility, but Friday we have our Open House, Saturday is useless for sermon writing, Sunday afternoon is likewise useless. Next Monday and Tuesday I plan to visit shut-ins. Christmas Eve I have Matins at 9:30, family time, then worship, and my vacation begins Christmas after worship, and I don't want to be writing sermons then.

So why am I blogging instead of writing? Because I'm stuck. Too many directions to go, not enough time to think about it.

This time of year is always harder than Lent and Easter.

It may be time to look through the file again...

3 comments :

  1. 123 said...

    Remember that according to Fr. Zacharias Zachariou "In the life of the saints, “repetition” or “copying” is the most creative act: it is the mystery of the Tradition of the Holy Spirit. The way to the acquisition of this holy Tradition was first indicated by the great Apostle Paul, “Be ye imitators of me, even as I also am of Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:1)."

    There's nothing wrong with taking someone else's thought or sermon and putting it into your own words and adding a few of your own examples. In fact, to do otherwise is to be something other than a Christian.

    I'm sure Luther and other wouldn't mind if you cheat off their papers.

  2. Rev. Eric J Brown said...

    Hang in there! You can do it, Nanowrimo master! Now is Sermowrimo time! Accomplish! Conquer!

  3. Anonymous said...

    Are you observing Holy Innocents on Dec 28? I may have a sermon to share with you that will suffice, or at least give you enough information to save time. It should be finished on Monday/Tuesday.
    +Mason