Monday, December 29, 2008

Kids and Cabin Fever

This morning the family went to the YMCA. Mik ran while I did a short work-out, then both of us joined the rest of the family at the indoor pool. We let them play on the indoor playset for a while after swimming, and then we all came home. It was a good morning.

I've learned something about my kids these past few days. They need to get out of the house. Too long spent in these walls drives them bananas--they fight, they rough-house, they whine. Of course, too much time here and I whine and fight and growl too, so it shouldn't surprise me.
But my wife tells me this every summer, which is why she has them go to tennis and swimming lessons in the mornings and takes them swimming again in the afternoons. I get it now, after spending a few days here on vacation.

1 comments :

  1. Cha said...

    I assume that your kids are younger than mine are (14 and 11), but we said this same thing just yesterday. Either they have to get out of the house for awhile or we do, after they've been inside for a day or two.