Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Back Home

We had a great vacation with my family in Texas. My little sister was in from Florida with her husband and one-year boy, and my sister from Oklahoma came down for a day or so. This made it the first time in years that all of us were together, and it was great to have everyone there.

The kids and grown-ups did a lot of swimming, and I played guitar every day. The Big Project Dad and I planned had to be scaled down. His brilliant siding idea didn't work out too well in reality, but that left us with more time to relax and enjoy each other's company.

Dad wasn't feeling good while we were there, and this is some concern. Back in 2002, he received a Whipple (more info here) and beat the odds; he's now cancer-free. The oncologist and hematologist and every other -ologist have recently completed a battery of tests and found nothing. But we can all tell that something is wrong with him; hopefully it's nothing serious.

2 comments :

  1. Rev. Eric J Brown said...

    I would have said hi this morning when I was in town if I knew you were back. We are heading out Thursday night for a good week up north.

    What's your favorite song to play on guitar?

  2. Christopher D. Hall said...

    Easy Songs, these days :)