Tuesday, March 25, 2008

When Moses was in Egypt Land...

As Marjorie and I left for church on Good Friday, Jack began throwing up. His Grandma stayed home with him and Grandpa brought the other kiddos to church. On the way home, Jack vomited again. Poor little guy.

After all the kids were in bed, Marjorie got sick. Then me. Holy Saturday we shuffled around, but by late afternoon we were all hungry and doing better. Easter was refreshing and joyous, that is until Mikayla ran across the street in the dark sans shoes, kicking the curb and splitting her toe open. It was too late for minor emergency, too minor (we thought) for a $100 trip to the ER. I spent Easter Monday morning in the walk-in clinic with her. It was broken. Not the day off I'd planned, but at least I was not expected to be at church, and I was glad I could take care of her.

Today she woke, toe broken...and vomiting. Olivia is nauseated too.

Marjorie said this morning, "I keep telling God, 'If you would simply show me WHO Your people are, I will gladly let them go! Please spare my firstborn!"

5 comments :

  1. Marjorie Hall said...

    You are missing some key components leading up to my statement. Like the part where all 6 of us had influenza strain A followed by your antibiotic-resistant sinus infection and my pneumonia followed by the ants coming into our home and almost forcing us out and the 7 cold sores on my lip (which really looked and felt like boils)! The last five weeks have truly called us to repentance. What else are we going to do, lay down and give up? Never. Come quickly, Lord Jesus and bring us your perfect healing.

    Oh, and if anyone has an extra lamb, please stop by and spread some of its blood across the top of my door, would ya?

  2. Rev. Eric J Brown said...

    Marjorie - just blame your husband. He's the head of the house, but buck has to stop with him. Have him grow out the goatee - he'll look more evil too, it will be easier to blame him.

    Plus - you can say, "Chris made me do it" and most people will buy it.

  3. Marjorie Hall said...

    Pastor Brown, I am so glad you set me straight! So, let me make sure I am getting this right: Chris has to let God's people go, I'm off the hook? I do think he'd look good with a nice long, braided goatee. He'd have to re-Simpsonize himself, though.

    Personal note to the blog master: Honey, you better get home...if it's all your fault, you get to clean up the vomit.

    Thanks again, Pastor Brown - I will definitely seek your counsel more in the future. I'm off to eat bon-bons while Chris does laundry. This being lesser among equals stuff is pretty nice!

  4. Christopher D. Hall said...

    Hold on...that's not what he said!

  5. Marjorie Hall said...

    Pastor Brown, I make really awesome chocolate chip cookies, but I won't have time to make you any if you don't back me up on this...

    Now where did I put that apple?