Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Flu Is Terrible

Friday I felt bad: full head, itchy throat and fever. Saturday was much better, just lightheaded at times. Eliana succumbed Saturday afternoon. Then Marjorie Sunday morning. Then Olivia Sunday afternoon. Sunday night my chest started hurting and the coughing started. I've been fighting a fever that's gone as high as 102.9 since then.

It's now Wednesday, and Marjorie seems to be on the mend, but Eli and Liv are home from school again, and I am doing the bare minimum I have to do at church before heading back home. This virus is pretty brutal, to say the least. Probably one of the worst I've ever had.

In the meantime, read Dixie's comment on the post below.

5 comments :

  1. Anastasia Theodoridis said...

    "Na perastika!" May it pass, quickly!

    Everybody says this is the worst flu to come around for many years.

    Many prayers for your whole family!

  2. William Weedon said...

    Had it earlier, Christopher, and it definitely is wretched. Praying that it passes from you all with due haste.

  3. Rev. Eric J Brown said...

    Tuesday I woke up at 7 in the morning and actually felt good. I worked. I did stuff all day. I went to bed at 11. It was the first time I did 16 hours in 5 months.

    Of course, then I needed 9 hours of sleep this morning and also a good 2 hour nap this afternoon. . . and if I weren't still winding down from Church tonight I'd have long since conked out.

    If you give this to me - I will hunt you down in a few years when I have strength again. >=o)

  4. Doorman-Priest said...

    I know it's no consolation, but I know exactly how you feel. That was me three weeks ago. Another thing: it takes a good while to fully get over.

  5. Dixie said...

    Pastor Hall,

    So sorry to hear of your illness. This winter has been particularly nasty for that sort of thing.

    Rest up! Eat some chicken soup. Drink some herbal tea. Your readers await an expeditious restoration of your health and your return to blogging.