Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Nearest Book Meme

I know this is not how this is supposed to work, but I thought it fun, so I'm breaking blog rules. The blog that tagged others would never tag me (I don't comment there and run in different ecclesial circles).

1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

So here it is:

"I live in Iceland." Because of the joke, Kerthialfad spared his life. To be courageous is to be someone on whom reliance can be placed.
I Tag: Rasburry, Anastasia, Gadfly, Doorman, Emily

PS If you read here regularly but I don't tag you, it's because I don't know you read here because you don't leave comments. So let's fix that, eh? :)


UPDATE:
Thought I'd add what book it was from:After Virtue: A Study in Moral Theory, Third Edition. I'd pulled it down to re-read and perhaps write something on as his thesis relates to theology, but it was just sitting there.

3 comments :

  1. 123 said...

    "The Pope emphasizes here that the notion that the human body has its origin in marerial that already exists and is living does not stand in contradiction of the faith." (Schonborn, Christoph Cardinal. "Chance or Purpose?", Ignatius Press, 2007), p. 123.

    Woops, my caeseropapism and semi-pelagianism is showing.

  2. Christopher D. Hall said...

    Thanks for commenting, Christopher! Frankly, I'd forgotten that you do some slumming here, at least compared to the rarefied world your blog occupies.

    Thanks for reading and commenting.

  3. 123 said...

    Well, I think rarefied should be replaced by a more precise adjective: pretentious. I am also a bit of a poser and definitely a pseudo-polymath.

    I also didn't read closely enough, so the remainder of the requested three sentences is:

    "The human soul, on the other hand, cannot be a product of evolution. Nor is it 'produced' by the parents."

    If you would have posted this yesterday I would have been able to pull something very interesting from Andrew Louth's book, "Greek East & Latin West", but alas you caught me slumming romanist, jesuitical propaganda and apology.