Tuesday, December 11, 2007

On the Remodel

I spent a good bit of Saturday working on the site here, and am pretty happy with the results. The picture in the header is different, and I've got three columns now with some more goodies. Scroll down and play Pacman without leaving the site (my daughter is now addicted).

Also note the section entitled "My Library," and the random images of book covers from my collection...they are clickable too! I know that canard about judging a book and all, but this is a pretty cool bit of code.

Then there are the other items that help the cause (let the reader understand). I've actually had some second thoughts about these, er, commercial aspects of this site, and what that might mean or imply about me. On the other hand, I harbor no illusions about the "seriousness" of the site, nor am I of the generation concerned about "selling out to the Man." Pretension and pride is what motivates that anti-commercial spirit. Or Communism. I try to avoid all three. I am, of course, referring to the Sponsored Links on the side panel...of which I am not allowed to draw any more attention to.

So tell me what you think about the redesign, and enjoy!

2 comments :

  1. Jolene Gray said...

    I've already added the Pacman widget to my MySpace page. Thanks for the "blast from the past". I like the new design and enjoyed looking through your library.

  2. Doorman-Priest said...

    I think it is very user friendly.