Wednesday, August 29, 2007

New Location!

I was going to "take this public" in a few days but now it is necessary. The old blog is broken, and I'm not sure I can get it back.

I have been considering moving the URL of this blog for some time, to give it a little space, so to speak, from my Church's website. Doing so was not easy, as you can probably tell. All comments from the past are gone (sigh...). I'm having to manually import the old posts...not fun, but it does give me a little room to edit. Think of this as "This Side..." revised edition.

I even toyed with changing the name of the blog, but thought better of it. Too many changes at once...not a good thing.

So, keep checking back and update your browsers, bookmarks, favorites, readers and so forth.

6 comments :

  1. Emily H. said...

    Hey! I like the new Blogspot edition of This Side - it looks nice!

  2. Christopher D. Hall said...

    Thanks! I'm glad you found it. It still needs some tweaking and such, and I would have preferred to spend more time getting it set up before I had to move it, but I accidentally broke Wordpress...not the first time, either, but this one was fatal.

  3. Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

    Ack! How did you break the WordPerss edition? :)

  4. Christopher D. Hall said...

    Well...my webhost doesn't update the wordpress installation automatically, and I needed the newest version to export posts. So I followed the directions to upgrade it, but there was some sort of database error. I then restored the old version, but was not allowed to log in or post. I think that was due to a limit on uploading, or my FTP program messing up. Regardless, I was left with a very messed up install.

    While Wordpress has a lot of great features, for someone like me who's computer knowledge is somewhere between comfortable functioning and geek level, it's too much. I barely know HTML tags and such...the more advanced web programming that WordPress runs is beyond my ken at this point in my life. In other words, this was the last straw for me. Using WordPress just took too much time and energy for me.

  5. Rev. Eric J Brown said...

    Why do you insist on always being difficult? Now, weep for me, oh those who are not in my circuit with Pastor Hall, at the difficulty I must surely encounter with him!

  6. Christopher D. Hall said...

    Ah, Eric, you know full well how difficult I can be.